Sanctions Investigator Level I
As a PayPal Sanctions Investigator I, your goal is to ensure that activity within the PayPal system is compliant with Anti-Money Laundering regulations and guidelines as well as PayPal’s adherence to our Ethics and Compliance Standards, and obligations to the appropriate regulations, such as the Bank Secrecy and USA PATRIOT Acts, and the governing authorities.
In this role, you will investigate customer activity across multiple platforms to ensure that it falls within acceptable parameters established by governing bodies including, but not limited to, the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) and the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC). You will be tasked with creating brief summaries of your investigations and taking the appropriate mitigating action within PayPal’s various case management systems when necessary. As a Sanctions Investigator Level 1, it will be critical for you to stay current with policy changes and maintain consistent attention to detail.
As a Sanctions Investigator I, your responsibilities include:
• Conducting an end-to-end and meticulous review of potential illegal activity or activity such as Money Laundering, Fraud, and, Terrorist Financing;
• Completing a time-sensitive and meticulous analysis of each instance of potential Anti-Money Laundering activity and/or suspicious financial activity across multiple jurisdictions and countries;
• Apply analytic techniques to standard information sets in order to make logical and supported recommendations;
• Regularly exercise good judgement and in making decision or recommendations in relation to initial casework, including monitoring of industry watch lists and Know Your Customer efforts;
• Documenting findings in the manual and automated process case management system
• A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Legal, Criminal Justice or a comparable field or equivalent work experience;
• 4 years’ related experience, with a minimum of 1 years’ experience conducting research and investigations related to Fraud, Anti-Money Laundering, Customer/Enhanced Due Diligence investigation or verifications;（Fresh students also welcomed）
• Proven ability to analyze large amounts of data in order to disposition initial casework appropriately;
• Ability to work efficiently with an attention to detail in investigations and analysis;
• High level of professionalism, self-motivation and sense of urgency
• Drive for Results
• Problem Solving