蒙特雷国际研究院,英文全称Middlebury Institute of International Studies,俗称“翻译界的哈佛”,是公认的世界三大高翻院,口笔译专业更是世界专业位列前列。
据可靠数据,能进入到MIIS的小伙伴们雅思成绩都是平均8分以上,托福人均116,联合国译员招聘也直接点名在这所学校挑人!
那这所人才济济的学校究竟有什么厉害的魔法?躺平君在MIIS官网找到了「拼图线索」,适用于所有初级/中级/高级玩家。
MIIS给立志成为优秀译员又或者是想成为英语大神的伙伴提供了十条学习建议,请参考下文;(点击这里即可咨询)
01
Read extensively, especially in your non-native languages(s).
广泛阅读,尤其是非母语作品。
Read high-quality newspapers (e.g. The New York Times, Wall Street Journal) EVERY DAY for at least a year.
每天阅读高质量报纸(如《纽约时报》、《华尔街日报》,至少坚持一年。
Read high quality news magazines (e.g. The Economist), cover to cover.
阅读高质量新闻杂志(如《经济学人》),每页都不要放过。
(躺平君:好多广告都很好看的!我爱美女!谁不爱呢!)
Read your favorite topics in your non-native language(s).
阅读你感兴趣的话题的非母语书籍。
Read other well-written material that will help broaden your general knowledge.
阅读其他有助于开拓眼界并且文笔上乘的作品。
(躺平君:可以考虑朗读,学习文笔的同时锻炼口语和语感)(点击这里即可咨询)
02
Watch the TV news and listen to radio news and podcasts on current events in all working languages.
观看多语电视时事新闻,收听多语新闻广播和音频节目。
Don’t just listen to news stories; analyze them.
不要把新闻只当成故事去听,要带脑听,去分析。
(躺平君:如果信息量太大一下吃不透,可以先养成每天阅读中文新闻的习惯,或者到央视官网CCTV4/CCTV13收看《环球视线》、《世界周刊》、《今日关注》、《深度国际》栏目,24分钟左右一集,时事脉络清晰,分析透彻)
Keep abreast of current events and issues.
与时俱进,做时事前线吃瓜第一把手。
Record news programs and interviews so you can listen to them later.
把新闻节目和访谈录下来,可以重复收听。(点击这里即可咨询)
03
Strengthen your general knowledge of economics, history, the law, international politics, and scientific concepts and principles (in that order).
依次强化自己在经济、历史、法律、国际政治、科学概念和原理等方面的知识。
Take college-level courses, review high school texts, etc.
学习大学课程,回顾中学课本等。
Strengthen your knowledge in a specialized field (preferably in a technical field, such as computers).
强化某个领域的专业知识(最好是技术领域,如计算机方面)。
04
Live in a country where your non-native language is spoken.
在非母语国家生活。
A stay of at least six months to a year is recommended.
建议至少生活半年到一年的时间。
(躺平君:或者让你的手机在非母语国家生活,即调成English模式,一开始会不习惯,别放弃,对以后出国生活帮助很大)
Live with and/or frequently interact with native speakers of your non-native language.(点击这里即可咨询)
与当地母语人士一起或经常交流。
(躺平君:如果没有条件,和讲英文的Siri聊天吧)
Take content-related courses (e.g. macroeconomics, political science) in your non-native language (not just pure language courses).
学习用当地语言讲授的课程(如宏观经济学、政治学),不要只学习单纯的语言课程。
Work in a setting that requires high level use of your non-native language.
在一家对当地语言能力水平要求高的单位工作。
05
Fine-tune your writing and research skills.
提高写作和研究技能。
Take challenging composition courses (not just creative writing courses, but classes in journalism, technical writing, etc.) so you can “speak” journalese, UNese, legalese, etc.
学习有挑战的写作课程(如新闻写作、科技写作课程,而非创意写作),从而学会新闻体、联合国体、法律体等写作风格。
Copy (by hand) sections of textbooks and periodicals in your non-native language(s).(点击这里即可咨询)
抄写非母语课本和期刊中的段落。
Make a note of unfamiliar or troublesome grammatical points and work towards mastering them.
遇到不熟悉或有难度的语法点要做笔记,并努力掌握。
Practice proofreading.
练习校对。
06
Improve your public speaking skills.
提高公开演讲的能力。
Take rigorous speech courses.
学习严谨的演讲课程。
Practice writing and making presentations in front of other people in both your native and foreign language(s). (Have native speakers of your non-native language edit your speeches.)
练习写讲稿并在他人面前演讲,既要用母语也要用非母语。(请当地母语人士修改你的讲稿。)(点击这里即可咨询)
07
Read extensively, especially in your non-native languages(s).
广泛阅读,尤其是非母语作品。
Practice listening to speeches and orally summarizing the main points.
练习演讲听力并口头归纳重点。
Practice writing summaries of news articles.
练习撰写新闻文章的概要。
Practice deciphering difficult texts (e.g. philosophy, law, etc.).
练习解读复杂文本(如哲学、法律文本等)。
Practice explaining complicated concepts understandably.
练习将复杂概念解释得通俗易懂。
Identify resources for background research (e.g. library, Internet, etc.).
为背景研究储备各种资源(如图书馆、互联网等)。(点击这里即可咨询)
08
Become computer savvy.
精通计算机操作。
Familiarize yourself with navigation and file management under current Windows operating systems (some of the software tools today are not compatible with the Apple operating system).
在Windows操作系统下熟练浏览和管理文档(目前在本地化行业中使用的大部分软件工具与苹果操作系统不兼容)。
Develop an understanding of the features Windows offers for multilingual processing, such as language-specific keyboard layouts, regional settings for units of measurement.
了解Windows操作系统所包含的与多语言处理相关的功能,比如针对特定语言的键盘布局、计量单位的区域设置等。
Learn to use advanced functions of Word, Excel, and other Microsoft Office applications in both your native and non-native languages.
学习使用Word、Excel以及其他微软Office应用的高级功能,熟悉这些应用的双语界面。
Become an expert in search engines and online research by using these tools on a daily basis.
每天使用搜索引擎和在线检索工具,成为这方面的专家。
09
Learn how to take care of yourself.
学会照顾自己。
Eat sensibly, exercise regularly, and get sufficient sleep. These are all habits required of a good translator/interpreter (English-learner).
合理膳食,坚持锻炼,并保证充足睡眠。这些都是(熬夜年轻人)应该(努力)具备的良好习惯。(点击这里即可咨询)
10
Be prepared for lifelong learning.
为终身学习做好准备。
Be patient. Bringing your language skills and analytical skills up to the level required of a professional translator or interpreter (good English-learner) is not a task that can be accomplished in a few short years. Only with a lot of sustained hard work can anyone truly succeed in these challenging and exciting fields.
要有耐心。将自己的语言技能和分析能力提升到职业译员(或任何你想成为的职业者)所需要的水平不是短短几年就能达到的。在这些充满挑战、令人振奋的领域,唯有通过长期不懈的努力,才可能取得真正的成功。
最后,不管「分院帽」将你分到哪个领域,希望你都不要忘记英语的学习噢!(点击这里即可咨询)
如何联系我们:
1.点击(在线咨询),新东方知名留学规划师为您解答及免费留学规划。
2.点击查看 《各国留学费用》大盘点,提前预知您的留学花费