Potluck Party:一种聚餐方式,主人准备场地和餐具,参加的人必须带一道菜或准备饮料,最好事先问问主人的意思。
Pull over!把车子开到旁边。
Drop me a line!写封信给我。
Give me a ring = Call me!来个电话吧!
For here or to go?堂食或外卖。
Cool:That’s cool!等于台湾年轻人常用的囗语“酷!”,表示不赖嘛!用于人或事均可。
What’s up? = What’shappening?=What’s new? 见面时随囗问候的话“最近在忙什么?有什么新鲜事吗?”一般的回答是“Nothing much!”或“Nothing new!”
Cut it out! = Knock it out!= Stop it! 少来这一套!同学之间开玩笑的话。
Don’t give me a hard time! 别跟我过不去好不好!
Get yourself together! 振作点行不行! Do you have"the" time? 现在几点钟?可别误以为人家要约你出去。
Hang in there. = Don’t give up. = Keeptrying. 再撑一下。
Give me a break! 你饶了我吧!(开玩笑的话)
Hang on. 请稍候。 Blow it. = Screw up. 搞砸了。
What a big hassle. 真是个麻烦事。
What a crummy day. 多倒楣的一天。
Go for it. 加油 You bet. = Of course. 当然;看我的!
Wishful thinking. 一厢情愿的想法。
Don’t be so fussy! 别那么挑剔好不好。
It’s a long story. 唉!说来话长。
How have you been? = How are you doing? 你过得如何?近来可好?
Take things for granted. 自以为理所当然。
Don’t put on airs. 别摆架子。
Give me a lift! = Give me a ride! 送我一程吧!
Have a crush on someone. 迷恋某人。
What’s the catch? 有什么内幕?
Party animal. 开Party狂的人(喜欢参加舞会的人)。
Pain in the neck. =Pain in the ass. 眼中钉,肉中刺。
Skeleton in the closet. 家丑。
Don’t get on my nerve! 别把我惹毛了!
A fat chance. =A poor chance. 机会很小。
I am racking my brains. 我正在绞尽脑汁。
She’s a real drag. 她真有点碍手碍脚。
Spacingout = daydreaming. 做白日梦。
I am so fed up. 我受够了!
It doesn’t go with your dress. 跟你的衣服不配。
What’s the point? = What are you trying tosay? 你的重点是什么?
By all means = Definitely. 一定是。
Let’s get a bite. = Let’s go eat. 去吃点东西吧!
I’ll buy you a lunch (a drink; a dinner). =It’s on me. = My treat. 我请客。
Let’s go Dutch. 各付各的。
My stomach is upset. 我的胃不舒服。
diarrhea 拉肚子。
吃牛排时,waiter会问“How would you like it?”就是问“要几分熟”的意思,可以选择rare, medium或well-done。
I am under the weather. =I am not feeling well. 我不太舒服!
May I take a rain check? 可不可改到下次?(例如有人请你吃饭,你不能赴约,只好请他改到下一次。)
I am not myself today. 我今天什么都不对劲!
Let’s get it straight. 咱们把事情弄清楚!
What’s the rush! 急什么!
Such a fruitcake! 神经病!
I’ll swing by later. =I’ll stop by later. 待会儿,我会来转一下。
I got the tip straight from the horse’smouth. 这个消息是千真万确的(tip指消息)!
easy as pie = very easy = piece of cake 很容易。
flunk out 被当掉。
take French leave 不告而别。
I don’t get the picture. =I don’t understand. 我不明白。
You should give him a piece of your mind. 你应该向他表达你的不满。
hit the road = take off = get on one’s way 离开。
Now he is in the driver’s seat =He is incontrol now.
Keep a low profile (or low key). 采取低姿态。
Kinky =bizarre =wacky =weird 古怪的。
know one’s way around 识途老马。
lion’s share 大部分。
tailgate 尾随(尤其跟车跟得太近)。
take a back seat. 让步。
本文作者
昆明前途分公司 美国部顾问 马爱
想了解更多美国留学最新动态,您可以拨打新东方前途出国留学热线转美国部。
【更多热点资讯欢迎关注】
昆明新东方前途出国官方网站——https://liuxue.xdf.cn/kunming/
官方微博账号 昆明新东方前途出国
官方微信账号 昆明新东方前途出国
咨询地址 南屏街顺城东塔18楼
咨询热线 0871-63640203