SSP 2020 (July 27 – August 21, 2020)
1. Based on historical data of previous registrations, the McGill School of Continuing Studies (SCS) has selected 9 programs that would be partially offered this summer.
2. The 1st course of each SSP program will offered in a live remote-teaching format. The 9 programs are:
a. Business Analytics;
b. Fundamentals of Artificial Intelligence;
c. International Marketing Using the Internet;
d. Introduction to Big Data;
e. Machine Learning;
f. Project Management;
g. Social Media and Digital Communication in Business;
h. Aerospace Engineering;
i. Sustainable Food Systems;
Note 1: Aerospace Engineering and Fundamentals of A.I. will be split in order to meet the same 30 contact-hour format. Specific details to follow.
Note 2: Each course offered in SSP 2020 will issue of a Record of Study (transcript).
3. In order to deliver a live remote-teaching mode, all SSP 2020 courses would have two sections: 1 section for East Asia, and 1 section for North/South America and Europe. Courses will be offered during the day for students, regardless of time zone. Aerospace Engineering and Sustainable Food Systems would be offered only to the Asian market, therefore there would be only 1 section of each.
4. All 30-contact-hour courses would be taught over 4 weeks (7.5hrs per week), from Monday, July 27 to Friday, August 21, 2020.
Courses would be taught 3 days per week (i.e. M-W-F). for 2.5hrs per day. Instructors will offer office hours between “live” sessions for Q&A sessions. The courses would include breaks and will focus strongly on student engagement.
5. For “Part 1” of SSP 2020, students would pay $1040 CAD for the 1st course of the selected program, including $955 Tuition Fees and $85 Registration Fee. These fees include a Record of Study (transcript).
Registration deadline for Part 1 of SSP 2020: June 1, 2020
6. All students who register for Part 1 of SSP 2020 would also have the option to register for “Part 2”: the 2nd course of the selected program, to be delivered in-person during the WSP 2021 slate. The cost to attend this 2nd course will be $1340 CAD, i.e. $955 Tuition Fees + $385 Ancillary Fees.
Note: The 2nd half of Aerospace Engineering will be offered for $1640 CAD, i.e. $1255 Tuition Fees + $385 Ancillary Fees.
Registration deadline for Part 2 of SSP 2020: September 1, 2020
7. The completion of the program in Winter 2021 will result in the issuance of an updated transcript & an attestation of completion of program.
8. Students joining Part 2 of the SSP 2020 program would likely be required on-site from approximately February 1-13 (or until Feb 20 – see below).
9. If permitted by Canadian health authorities, we would offer live sessions to SSP 2020 students virtually show them different sites at McGill and in Montreal, providing them with a taste of the environment that awaits them in WSP 2021.
Continuous engagement with students from the end of SSP 2020 program through their arrival for Winter 2021 will be done as much as possible.
WSP 2021 (January 25 – February 12, 2021)
10. The WSP 2021 slate will be structured over 3 weeks, dedicated to the regular on-site delivery of our programs.
11. The fees for WSP 2021 will be $2795 CAD per program, or $2395 CAD with Early Bird discount.
Registration deadline for WSP 2021 (Early Bird): October 15, 2020
Registration deadline for WSP 2021 (Final): November 1, 2020
“Study Abroad Week” (February 15 – February 19, 2021)
12. Students will have the option of enriching their study abroad experience by extending for an additional week of activities, all devoted to learning more about McGill, Montreal, and Canada. This 4th week will offer various cultural and academic activities such as: site visits, lectures or seminars on relevant topics, cultural events, basic French courses, local gastronomy, a 1-day excursion to Ottawa, and more.
SSP 2020 students must purchase this additional week when registering for their second course – deadline: Sept 1, 2020. WSP 2021 students must purchase at the same time as program registration – deadline: Oct 15 or Nov 1, 2020.
The fee for this additional week of activities will be announced shortly. The 4th week of accommodation and Blue Cross medical insurance will be offered free of charge.