Since students now all have laptops, the school decides to cancel the computer lab. Do you think this is a good idea or not?
Some people prefer to resolve problems with friends directly face to face or on the phone. Some others prefer to resolve problems by writing, sending E-mail or text message. Which one do you prefer? Why?
Some people prefer to stay in touch with their friends and family members while traveling. Others prefer not to get in touch and stay alone. Which do you prefer and why?
1. When students have questions about an assignment for class, some prefer to ask the professor for help. Others prefer to ask other students in the class for help understanding the assignment. Which do you prefer? Explain why?
2. Should students be required to evaluate their professors at the end of the semester?
3. Do you think it’s necessary for children’s growth for them to live far away from home and stay with relatives or friends during school breaks?
4. Which would you prefer: start a project as early as possible or wait until the deadline?
5. Some students prefer to study for exam in the night while other students prefer to study in the day. Which do you prefer, explain why.
6. Some students prefer to do things which they are good at. Some students force themselves to do what they are not good at? Which do you prefer? Why?
7. Do you agree or disagree that to succeed we need to make enemies?
8. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Good teachers admit they make mistakes or don’t know something.
9. Do you agree or disagree with the statement that people should be fined for checking or looking at their cellphones when walking in streets and crossing roads?
10. Some people think that with the development of technology and Internet, libraries will disappear; while others think libraries are always necessary. Which one do you agree? Please give specific details to support your opinion.
11. Your school is planning to ban library computers from accessing social media websites. Do you agree or disagree with such a plan?
12. Your university is planning to allow people in the community to take courses with students. This course will be free for them and they will not receive feedback or grades about their papers. Do you think this is a good program and why?
13. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Students should take some additional courses so that they can get their credits more quickly.
14. Some people prefer to give their opinions immediately. Others prefer to wait and listen to others’ opinions before giving their own. Which one do you think is better?
15. Do you agree or disagree: children should learn to draw or paint?
16. A company plans to interview you. You can go to their company for the interview, but the company is far from where you live. Or you can have a telephone interview. Which do you prefer? Why?
17. Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Business conferences should meet in person instead of using video calls.
18. Do you agree or disagree with this statement that we should help our friends only when they ask for help?
19. Do you agree or disagree that children who do sports at a young age will be more aggressive in the future?
20. When your friend is about to take a visit to your house, do you prefer them to inform you before their coming, or do you prefer a surprise visit?